Alternative Medicine in Rehabilitation Part 2: Energy-Based Therapies (NL0113B)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, COHN/COHN-S, COPS-KT, CRCC, Delaware BON, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 18
CCM Credit Hours: 5.5
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Historical Perspective Classical Concepts
- Acupuncture Practice in the United States
- Common U.S. Models
- The Acupuncture Treatment
- Acupuncture and Western Bioscientific Studies
- General Trends
- Acupuncture Analgesia
- Other Applications
- Global and U.S. Clinical Applications
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Other Conditions
- Limitations and Potential Complications
- Training and Licensure
- What is Homeopathy and What is a Homeopathic Medicine?
- Homeopathic Pharmacy
- Regulation of Homeopathy
- Social / Historical Context
- Homeopathic Education and Certification
- Homeopathic Philosophy
- A Possible Mechanism of Action
- Classical Homeopathic Research Specific to Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Migraine Headache
- Head Injury
- Sprains and Soft Tissue Injury
- Prescribing Combination Homeopathic Medicines
Electromagnetic Therapies Outline:
- Historical Development of Phototherapy
- Thermal Surgical Lasers
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Applications in Rehabilitation
- Magnetic Field Therapy
- Origins and History
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy
- Static Magnetic Fields
- Types of Permanent Magnet Designs
- Potential Applications
- Electrical Therapies
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Historical Roots
- The Flow of Qi
- Scientific Research
- Principles in Qigong Practice
- Components of the Integrated Approach
Meridian-Based Psychotherapy Outline:
- The Physics of Energy
- Bioenergy Fields
- Acupuncture Meridians
- Applied Kinesiology
- Life Energy Analysis
- Thought Field Therapy
- Energy Diagnostic and Treatment Methods
- Eye Movement Therapies
- Negative Affect Erasing Method, Causal Diagnosis, and Trauma
- Chronic Pain Treatment
- Meridian-Based Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Mechanisms of Action
- Theoretical Musings
- Explain Acupuncture principles.
- Understand the applications of Acupuncture in illness.
- Describe elements of Chinese medicine.
- Understand the definition of "holistic".
- Describe the different remedies used in Homeopathy.
- Explain the usefulness of Homeopathy in pathological situations.
- Describe different electromagnetic therapies.
- List the ailments for which these therapies are used.
- Explain the key concepts regarding Qigong.
- Describe the ways organ function is viewed in Qigong.
- Understand the clinical applications of Qigong.
- List different forms of Meridian-Based Psychotherapy.
- Understand the methods used in each therapy.
- Describe the humanistic components in Compassion-Based rehabilitation.
- Understand the clinical applications seen in rehabilitation healing.
- Explain the definition of Transpersonal Medicine.
- List the different applications of Transpersonal Medicine.
- Differentiate between spirituality, religion, and theology.
- Understand how each impacts health care.
- Describe the role of the healthcare professional in spirituality.
- Obtain a general overview of Nature-Based therapies.
- Give examples of how NBT can be applied to health care.
- Describe the roles of the nurse in Holistic Healing.
- List ways in which holistic assessment can facilitate healing.