Neurologic Disorders - Part 6: Neurotrauma: Traumatic Brain Injury & Spinal Cord Injury (RH1507)
Author(s): Elsevier USA
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, GA-SBWC
Credit Hours: 10
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course reviews traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury. The initial focus is on traumatic brain injury, where we will review the different types of traumatic brain injury. The appropriate types of clinical management and case management of TBI patients is then presented. The course transitions to spinal cord injury, where the effects/pathophysiology of spinal cord injury are discussed. Case management, comprehensive care, and frequent complications of spinal cord injury will also be discussed.
- Discuss Traumatic Brain injury mechanisms
- Describe types of Traumatic Brain injuries
- Review clinical management and case management of TBI patients
- Understand the effects/pathophysiology of SCI
- Describe comprehensive care given to the patient with SCI
- Review the complications associated with SCI
- Discuss case management issues with regards to patients with SCI