Clinical Guidelines for Upper Extremity Amputation Rehabilitation (NL0215A)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, Delaware BON, GA-SBWC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 12
CCM Credit Hours: 7
CDMS Credit Hours: 7
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
Clinical Guideline Summary
2. Long-Term Goals of Upper Extremity Amputation Rehabilitation Care
4. Evidence Review
5. Evidence Assessment
7. Core Modules
- Core 1: The Care Team Approach
- Core 2: Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments
- Core 3: Patient-Centered Care
- Patient-centered rehabilitation plan
- Discharge plan
- Rehabilitation Interventions
- Pain management
- Patient education
- Peer support
8. Phases of Rehabilitation Care
- Perioperative Phase
- Pre-prosthetic Phase
- Prosthesis options
- Prosthesis prescription
- Prosthetic Training Phase
- Prosthesis education
- Prosthetic training
- Lifelong Care Phase
- Discuss the key principles of rehabilitation and clinical care for patients with upper limb amputation.
- Explain the key domains of care and applicable goals of amputation rehabilitation.
- Discuss the four phases of care which create a framework for rehabilitation and long term management of patients with an upper limb amputation.
- Describe the three Core modules that highlight essential elements of care encompassed within all phases of care following upper limb amputation.