Hearing Loss: Employment Protections and Rights (NA2032)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Describe the requirements of both employee and employer in the process of employment application for a person with hearing loss.
- List the protections in the ADA law for people with hearing loss and workplace accommodations.
- Present the requirements for disability under the Social Security Act and the method of applying for payment under the law for those with hearing loss.
- Detail OSHA rules and guidelines for protecting workers from hearing loss.
- Overview of hearing loss
- Employment and hearing loss
- ADA law and hearing loss with accommodations in the workplace
- Social Security Disability and hearing loss
- OSHA and hearing loss protection for workers