Back Pain Fundamentals (NA1730)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COPS-KT, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, FCB, MSCC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- List the basic structures of the back, common causes and risk factors of back pain.
- List common treatments, both conventional and complementary and alternative medicine (CAM).
- Describe the disease and diagnosis of spinal stenosis as well as identifying treatments, both conventional and CAM.
- Discuss the benefits and difficulties of opioid treatment for back pain.
- Compare and contrast chiropractic treatment for back pain.
- Detail risk factors in the workplace for back pain and some ergonomic ways to prevent such injuries.
- Relate how the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) covers those with back pain and accommodations that can be made for compliance.
- Overview of Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis: Questions and Answers
- Back Pain Treatment
- Chiropractic Treatment
- Medication for Back Pain
- Benefits and Difficulties of Opioid Treatment
- Risk Factors in the Workplace
- Americans with Disabilities Act