Americans with Disabilities Act: Legal Challenges and Their Impact and Influence (NA1714)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, CRCC, CRRN, CVE, Delaware BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Describe the protections under the law and those whom the law protects
- Define what constitutes a "reasonable accommodation"
- Explain what exceptions exist in the ADA law
- Compare and contrast resolved cases to newer, more complex, cases
- Recite the two basic principles of the ADA law
- Section 1: Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Section 2: Overview of legal challenges to the law
- Section 3: Title I cases
- Section 4: Title II cases
- Section 5: Title III cases