Clinical Practice Guidelines for Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain (NA1846)
Author(s): Department of Veterans Affairs - Department of Defense
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CRCC, CVRP, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC
Credit Hours: 15
CCM Credit Hours: 7
CDMS Credit Hours: 7
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense's Clinical Practice Guideline for Opioid Therapy for Chronic Pain. This CPG is intended to provide healthcare providers with a framework by which to evaluate, treat, and manage the individual needs and preferences of patients with chronic pain who are on or being considered for long-term opioid therapy (LOT).
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2023 - 7/6/2023'
- Assess the patient's condition, provide education, and determine the best treatment methods in collaboration with the patient and a multidisciplinary care team.
- Optimize the patient's health outcomes and function and improve quality of life.
- Minimize preventable complications and morbidity.
- Emphasize the use of patient-centered care.
- How to Use This Clinical Practice Guideline
- About this Clinical Practice Guideline
- Guideline Work Group
- Discussion of Recommendations
- Appendix A: VA Signature Informed Consent
- Appendix B: Urine Drug Testing
- Appendix C: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders for Opioid Use Disorders
- Appendix D: Drug Tables
- Appendix E: Evidence Review Methodology
- Appendix F: Patient Focus Group Methods and Findings
- Appendix G: Evidence Table
- Appendix H: 2010 Recommendation Categorization Table
- Appendix I: Participant List
- Appendix J: Literature Review Search Terms and Strategy
- Appendix K: Abbreviation List