CLCP Training Module 2 - Certification, Standards of Practice, and Ethics (CL1002)
Author(s): Dana M. Weldon MS CRC RRP CLCP CCLCP and Allyson R. Weldon BHSc, MScOT, OT Reg. (Ont), CCLCP
Pre-Approved for: CLCP
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
At the conclusion of this module, participants will be able to identify the standards of practice for Certified Life Care Planners and the codes of ethics that affect the practice of life care planning. They will also be provided with samples of actual ethical dilemmas from which they will learn how to avoid ethical dilemmas in litigated cases. The participant will be able to identify and implement best practice methods to minimize conflicts that could lead to the filing of an ethics complaint against the Certified Life Care Planner by another Certified Life Care Planner or by an evaluee.
- Definition of Ethics
- Ethics in Life Care Planning
- Standards of Practice in Life Care Planning
- Court Decisions in Canada - Case Examples
- Court Decisions in the United States - Case Examples
- Ethical and Practical Considerations to Maximize Effectiveness as a Certified Life Care Planner and Expert Witness
- Canadian Life Care Planning and the Law
- Ethical Dilemmas
- Life Care Planning Reliability
- Next Steps