Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM): Treatments (NA2240)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCLCP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRCC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs
Credit Hours: 7
CCM Credit Hours: 5
CDMS Credit Hours: 5
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
In this course, we will present 5 conditions/diseases for which people are seeking complementary and alternative options. In this presentation, we will include the latest in scientific research where available. It is important to note that there is a body of scientific evidence for CAM, but the majority of evidence is anecdotal. Complicated by the legal status of things such as cannabinoids and psychedelics, controlled research of these products remains limited.
The conditions/diseases we will discuss are anxiety and stress, depression, cancer treatment side effects, PTSD, and chronic pain.
- Explain what complementary and alternative medicine is, who uses it, and why.
- Discuss CAM treatments available for anxiety and stress.
- List CAM uses for depression.
- Present CAM and its benefits in cancer treatment side effects.
- Describe CAM use in the treatment of PTSD.
- Discuss chronic pain and the CAM available for use.
- What is CAM?
- Anxiety and Stress
- Side Effects of Cancer Treatment
- Chronic Pain