Palliative Care (NA2260)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CNLCP, COHN/COHN-S, CRCC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MSCC, RNs
Credit Hours: 6
CCM Credit Hours: 4.5
CDMS Credit Hours: 4.5
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
In this course, we will be discussing palliative care in depth and comparing it to different models of care. We will show how those with chronic diseases can benefit from palliative care. There are various barriers to palliative care in the United States and worldwide, which will be discussed. In line with the discussion, we will visit different palliative care models in different countries. A series of case studies will highlight patients who have benefited from this model of care.
- Describe the palliative care model.
- Contrast and compare hospice and palliative care.
- Explain why palliative care is good for those with chronic illnesses.
- List some barriers to palliative care and the efforts to eliminate them.
- Discuss palliative care worldwide, especially in the UK and Canada.
- What is palliative care?
- The difference between palliative care and hospice care
- Chronic illness trajectory and why palliative care benefits those patients
- Barriers to access to palliative care including veterans' benefits for palliative care
- Payment for palliative care
- Telemedicine and nurses' call to action
- Palliative care worldwide