Advisory: The Substance Use Disorder Counseling Competency Framework: An Overview (DA2210)
Author(s): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Pre-Approved for: CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 1
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This Advisory will discuss the development of the counseling competencies as well as the model and validated research on which they are based, provide a simplified overview of their structure and the elements of a typical competency, and outline how these competencies are changing the field of SUD treatment nationwide, including the critical role of cultural competency.
- Understand the value of a competency framework and its impact on optimal recovery outcomes.
- Understand the knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs) needed to become proficient in each competency.
- The Competency Model
- The Four Transdisciplinary Foundations
- The Eight Practice Dimensions
- The Importance of Culture