Drinking Over the Lifespan - Focus on the College Ages (DA2244)
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course examines the use, abuse, and dependence on college drinking for young adults. Topics covered will include alcohol use and consequences among college students, college vs non-college comparisons, protective behavior strategies, mental health, and intervention implications.
- Acknowledge the heightened risk of AUD and problem drinking in college.
- Describe the five stages of Emerging Adulthood.
- Identify risk and protective behavior strategies.
- Summarize effective interventions, including environmental and parental.
- Developmental Considerations
- Alcohol Use and Consequences Among College Students
- Risky Drinking Practices Among College Students
- Environmental and Temporal Risk Factors for College Students
- Psychosocial Determinants of Drinking During the College Years
- Intervention Implications