The Omicron Variant of Covid-19: What Homeless Service Providers Need to Know (DA2380)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, COHN/COHN-S, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 1
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness guidelines for Homeless Service Providers and the Omicron Covid-19 Variant. These guidelines are intended to provide structures that evaluate, treat, and improve the quality of health outcomes for homeless clients.
- Identify the Omicron Variant of Covid-19 risk factors for people experiencing homelessness.
- Describe CDC isolation and quarantine recommendations for the general population and homeless communities.
- Assess client conditions to determine via collaboration the best treatment and follow-up methods.
- Emphasize the importance of widespread testing and vaccinations.
- Maintain mitigation protocols for sheltered and unsheltered homeless populations.
- Omicron Variant of Covid-19 risk factors for homeless people
- CDC recommendations
- Rehousing challenges for those experiencing homelessness
- 5 strategy implementations for homeless service providers
a. Ensure availability of quarantine, isolation, and protective housing spaces
b. Strengthen routine testing
c. Encourage and support vaccinations
d. Maintain mitigation protocols
e. Avoid displacing people experiencing unsheltered homelessness
- Strategy implementations guidance