Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition) (DA2362)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIH) Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition) for Advancing Addiction Science. This guide provides structures to formulate person-centered treatment interventions by utilizing combinations of available therapies for better patient outcomes.
- Analyze the Principles of Effective Treatment and recognize individual patient addiction circumstances, characteristics, and special needs for better outcomes.
- Assess potential components of comprehensive substance misuse treatment programs to address treatment gaps and use a multipronged approach for promoting program participation.
- Maximize client support network by offering family counseling, brief strategic family therapies, and access to useful resources.
- Monitor patient recovery progress to establish a continuing course of treatment and promote healthy lifestyle changes.
- Principles of Effective Treatment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Drug Addiction Treatment in the United States
- Evidence-based approaches to drug addiction treatment