Transgender Competent Provider: Identifying Transgender Health Needs, Health Disparities, and Health Coverage (NA2387)
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, FCB, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 1
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is the Kansas Journal of Medicine review of identifying competent transgender providers and the barriers transgender people experience in accessing appropriate care needs. This study demonstrates the challenges of being transgender and what to look for in a healthcare provider for a better quality of care outcome.
- Recognize common barriers for transgender populations to access appropriate services.
- Identify areas for improvement such as healthcare staff approach, person-centered care, and providing adequate patient resource tools.
- Connect with patients, families, and other organizations to offer counseling and education to create attainable goals for living with purpose.
- Promote patient follow-up to encourage feedback to improve future services using appropriate care and utilizing adequate interventions.
- Health Needs
- Health Disparities
- Health Coverage
- Medical Biases Towards Transgender Patients
- Standards of Care
- Transgender Children and Adolescents
- Aging Transgender Guidelines for Screening and Preventative Health
- Trends, Movements, and Expectations