Treatment of Stimulant Use Disorder (DA2389)
Author(s): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, CRRN, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , MSCC, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This report was prepared for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for utilizing the National Mental Health and Substance Use Policy Lab’s guide focused on the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and mental illnesses. The report is a valuable component of the Evidence-Based Resource Guide Series and coincides with SAMHSA’s goal to inform healthcare providers, healthcare administrators, policymakers, and community members of the rising rates of stimulant use and the growing need for targeted treatment programs and practices.
- Identify challenges and strategies for implementing evidence-based practices using person-centered approaches for people with substance use disorders.
- Define the diagnosis of a stimulant disorder to recognize the benefits of utilizing a comprehensive, multi-pronged treatment approach for people with mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
- Review the research data, develop recommendations for best practices, and educate healthcare providers towards working to meet the needs of all their community members.
- Evaluate implemented strategies and interventions to reduce populations at risk for developing mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
- Monitor treatment progress and community feedback for improving the quality-of-care services resulting in better client health outcomes.
- Forward: Evidence-Based Resource Guide Series Overview
- Chapter One: Issue Brief
- Chapter Two: What Research Tells Us
- Chapter Three: Guidance for Selecting and Implementing Evidence-Based Practices
- Chapter Four: Examples of Stimulant Use Treatment Programs
- Chapter Five: Resources for Evaluation and Quality Improvement
- Appendix One: Acknowledgements
- Appendix Two: Evidence Review Methodology