ASAM Clinical Practice Guideline on Alcohol Withdrawal Management (DA2311)
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , MSCC, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 10
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
This course is based on the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s (ASAM) Guideline on Alcohol Withdrawal Management to provide updated information on evidence-based strategies. These strategies are referred to as the Practice Guideline and provide updated, higher standards of care for alcohol withdrawal management in ambulatory and inpatient settings.****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2023 - 7/6/2023'
- Review the literature provided to comprehend practice guidelines and the importance of following recommendations as outlined for better patient outcomes.
- Network with other healthcare organizations to share information in a collaborative effort to strive for patient care quality improvements.
- Educate healthcare professionals about updated practice recommendations for improving processes of alcohol withdrawal management and care.
- Utilize all evidence-based strategies to optimize patient health outcomes and follow the practice guideline when clinical decision changes are required.
- Implement patient follow-up systems to monitor individual progress and develop mentoring programs as additional support systems.
- Glossary of Terms
- Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Executive Summary
- Approach and Methodology
- Areas for Further Research