Evidence-Based and Culturally Relevant Behavioral Health Interventions in Practice: Strategies and Lessons Learned from NNEDLearn (2011-2020) (DA2327)
Author(s): Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
report was prepared for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Administration (SAMHSA) for its Office of Behavioral Health Equity (OBHE) to
address challenges, in part, through its National Network to Eliminate
Disparities in Behavioral Health annual training (NNEDLearn). This report
provides guidelines that educate teams of practitioners from community-based
organizations serving black, indigenous, and other communities of color, in
implementing culturally relevant evidence-supported behavioral health
- Examine the effective strategies in implementing evidence-based practices (EBPs) that lead to improvements in the quality and wider adoption of effective behavioral health care models in underserved communities.
- Review each interventional case study and implementation for its intended audience including the use of motivational interviewing techniques for better population health outcomes.
- Maximize strategies by utilizing report factors for successful implementations and prepare solutions for common challenges that may occur.
- Provide training that supports team members' capacity to implement evidence-supported, culturally appropriate mental illness and substance use prevention and treatment services.
- Evaluate and monitor implemented systems for continuous quality of care assessments and better community health outcomes.
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: NNEDLearn Intervention Case Studies
- Chapter 3: Summary of Strategies and Lessons Learned from NNEDLearn Programs/Practices
- Appendix A: Interview Protocols
- Appendix B: Summary of Implementation Strategies and Lessons Learned