Empowerment for the Disabled (NL0906C)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CLCP, CNLCP, COPS-KT, CVE, CVRP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, MSCC, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 8
This course discusses empowerment and presents varying guidelines and systems for facilitating personal empowerment. We will also discuss how impactful this can be for people with disabilities.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Define Empowerment and discuss several Empowerment Models
- Describe guidelines and other system enhancements that facilitate personal empowerment
- Describe the Self-Determined Career Development Model
- Identify employment and career challenges encountered by people with disabilities
- Discuss the concept of empowerment as it is applicable to the CRC/CDMS Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics
This course is ETHICS PRE-APPROVED for CCM, CRC, CDMS, CLCP, CVRP, MSCC, & RRP. The CCMC Code of Professional Conduct will be referenced in this presentation.
- Article #1: Alternative views of empowerment: social services and civil rights - Editorial
- Article #2: How Empowerment Changed My Life
- Article #3: Enhancing Personal Empowerment of People with Psychiatric Disabilities
- Article #4: Self-Determined Career Development
- Article #5: Self-Determination and the Empowerment of People with Disabilities
- Article #6: Empowering People with Disabilities Through Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling
- Article #7: Slaying Dragons: Building Self-Confidence and Raising Expectations Through Orientation Center Training
- Code of Ethics for Rehab Counselors and Disability Management Specialists
- New Code of Professional Ethics for Rehabilitation Counselors
Effective January 1, 2017
- CDMS Code of Professional Conduct