Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High - 2nd Edition (HM2029)
Textbook: CRUCIAL CONVERSATIONS - Tools for Talking When Stakes are High- 2nd Ed
Author(s): Patterson, Grenny, McMillan & Switzler
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CLCP, COPS-KT, CRC, CRRN, CVRP, Delaware BON, MCBAP-Related, NAADAC, RNs, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 16
Homestudy, Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
Learn how to keep your cool and get what you want when emotions flare. When stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong, you have three choices: Avoid a crucial conversation and suffer the consequences; handle the conversation badly and suffer the consequences; or read Crucial Conversations and discover how to communicate best when it matters most. This wise and witty guide gives you the tools you need to step up to life's most difficult and important conversations, say what's on your mind, and achieve positive outcomes that will amaze you.
You'll learn how to:
- Prepare for high-impact situations with a six-minute mastery technique
- Make it safe to talk about almost anything
- Be persuasive, not abrasive
- Keep listening when others blow up or clam up
- Turn crucial conversations into the action and results you want Whether they take place at work or at home, with your neighbors or your spouse, crucial conversations can have a profound impact on your career, your happiness, and your future. With the skills you learn in this book, you'll never have to worry about the outcome of a crucial conversation again.
Mastering your crucial conversations can:
- kick-start your career,
- strengthen your relationships,
- revitalize your organization and your community, and
- even improve your health, according to the authors of Crucial Conversations. (One study says a modest improvement in the ability to talk and connect with others corresponds to a two-thirds decrease in the death rate!)
Table of Contents:
Ch. 1: What's a Crucial Conversation? And Who Cares?
Ch. 2: Mastering Crucial Conversations: The Power of Dialogue
Ch. 3: Start with Heart: How to Stay Focused on What You Really Want
Ch. 4: Learn to Look: How to Notice When Safety Is at Risk
Ch. 5: Make It Safe: How to Make It Safe to Talk about Almost Anything
Ch. 6: Master My Stories: How to Stay in Dialogue When You're Angry, Scared, or Hurt
Ch. 7: State My Path: How to Speak Persuasively, Not Abrasively
Ch. 8: Explore Others' Paths: How to Listen When Others Blow Up or Clam Up
Ch. 9: Move to Action: How to Turn Crucial Conversations into Action and Results
Ch. 10: Putting It All Together: Tools for Preparing and Learning
Ch. 11: Yeah, But: Advice for Tough Cases
Ch. 12: Change Your Life: How to Turn Ideas into Habits
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 10 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your certificate of completion will reflect the amount of time you took to complete and pass the course. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2018 - 7/6/2018'
- Discuss the supernal power of dialogue.
- Explain how to move from creating the right mind- and heart-set to developing and utilizing the right skill-set for a crucial conversation.
- Explain how to:
1. stay focused on what you really want
2. notice when safety is at risk, and
3. how to make it safe to talk about almost anything.
- Describe how to stay in dialogue and to listen when you are angry, scared, or hurt.