Alcohol Problems Among Emergency Department Patients (SW2008)
Pre-Approved for: CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, FCB, MCBAP-Specific , NAADAC, RNs
Credit Hours: 10
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Introduction, Final Recommendations, and The Spectrum of Alcohol Problems and the Scope of Emergency Medicine Practice
- Identifying ED Patients with Alcohol Problems
- Intervening with Alcohol Problems in Emergency Settings
- Implementing Preventive Interventions in Emergency Medicine: Strategic Considerations
- Discussion of Draft Recommendations
****CCAPP STUDENTS - PLEASE READ
- Please note any course over 8 CEUs/Contact Hours/Hours, must be completed over a 72 hour (or more) time period. Your course start date is the date of purchase, and your completion date is when you have passed your test. For example, 'Completed 7/1/2023 - 7/6/2023'
- Describe screening tests for identifying ED patients with alcohol problems.
- Describe reasons why ED physicians do not address a patient's alcohol problem in the Emergency Department?