Alcohol Problems Among Emergency Department Patients (SW2008)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CLCP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 10
In this course, we will discuss patients with alcohol problems in the emergency department. We will focus on identifying these individuals and their impact on the emergency department as a whole.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Describe screening tests for identifying ED patients with alcohol problems.
- Describe reasons why ED physicians do not address a patient's alcohol problem in the Emergency Department?
- Introduction, Final Recommendations, and The Spectrum of Alcohol Problems and the Scope of Emergency Medicine Practice
- Identifying ED Patients with Alcohol Problems
- Intervening with Alcohol Problems in Emergency Settings
- Implementing Preventive Interventions in Emergency Medicine: Strategic Considerations
- Discussion of Draft Recommendations