Chronic Sleep Disorders (NL0510)
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CLCP, CRC, CVRP, Delaware BON, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 8
In this course, we will discuss chronic sleep loss and the most common sleep disorders. We will present major causes of sleep loss and its impacts on overall health.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Name SIX long-term effects of sleep loss and sleep disorders.
- Describe the following "most common" sleep conditions:
1. sleep-disordered breathing
4. restless legs syndrome
6. sleep-related psychiatric disorders
7. sleep-related neurological disorders
8. sleep-related medical disorders, and
9. circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Name the two major causes of sleep disorders.
- Explain the relationship between sleep loss, diabetes, obesity, stroke, mood disorders, and disease mortality
- Article #1: Extent and Health Consequences of Chronic Sleep Loss and Sleep Disorders