Parkinson's and MS: Concepts and Insights (NL1508)
Author(s): Claudia Moore RN, QPCM, CCM
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, CA BRN, CLCP, CNLCP, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs, RRP
Credit Hours: 14
In the first half of this course, we discuss Parkinson's Disease, specifically the signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments. In the second half of this course, we discuss Multiple Sclerosis, specifically the signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Describe the symptoms and signs of Parkinson's Disease.
- Describe the process of diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson's Disease, including the following treatment modalities:
--Alternative and Complementary
- Explain the complications and co-morbidities experienced by Parkinson's patients.
- Differentiate between:
--Atypical Parkinsonism, and
--Parkinson's Plus Syndromes
- Explain the prevalence, pathophysiology, and signs/symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Describe the methods of Diagnosing MS, including laboratory and imaging findings.
- Identify and discuss the three types of therapy for MS:
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson's 101
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Parkinson's Disease – A Systematic Review of the Literature – Summary
- Understanding Parkinson's Plus Syndromes and Atypical Parkinsonism
- Pain in Parkinson's Disease
- Cognitive Changes in Parkinson's Disease
- Stem Cell Breakthroughs: What Do They Mean for Parkinson's?
- FDA Approves New Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson's Disease Dementia
- Parkinson Disease Dementia
- Disability Information – Michael J Fox Foundation
- Parkinson's and the ADA (Accommodating Employees with Parkinson's Disease)
- Multiple Sclerosis – Cleveland Clinic
- Pathophysiology of Multiple Sclerosis
- Diagnosing MS: Determination of Subtype
- Diagnosing MS: McDonald Criteria
- Bladder Management in MS
- MS and Pain
- MS and Heat Intolerance
- MS and Depression
- Multiple Sclerosos Medications
- Treatment Options for Spasticity
- Alternative Treatments
MS as a Disability
- Kurtzke Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS )
- Criteria to Determine Disability Related to Multiple Sclerosis-Summary