Alternative Medicine in Rehabilitation Part 1: Body-Based Therapies (NL0113A)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CRC, CRRN, Delaware BON, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 22
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Part 1: Body-Oriented Therapies
- CranioSacral Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- The Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Therapy for Neurologic Illness
- Tai Chi
- Part 2: Mind / Body Therapies
- Clinical Hypnosis
- The Placebo Effect
- Describe the benefits/mechanisms of Craniosacral Therapy
- Describe the Feldenkrais Method and all its components
- List the benefits of Yoga Therapy
- Discuss the benefits of Tai Chi on the patient's health and well being
- Describe how Clinical Hypnosis fits into the Holistic Health Model
- Explain the healing principles realted to Meditation and discuss the physiological effects of meditation.
- Describe the concept of Biofeedback, and it's mechanisms for treatment.
- Describe the following methods of psychotherapy:
2. Counseling, Supportive therapy,
3. Nondirective therapy,
4. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Define the "Placebo Effect" and describe the various mechanisms by which the placebo effect assists in treating clinical ailments.