Alternative Medicine in Rehabilitation Part 1: Body-Based Therapies (NL0113A)
Pre-Approved for: ABVE, CA BRN, CCM, CDMS, CE Broker Provider, CRC, CRRN, Delaware BON, VRA-Canada
Credit Hours: 22
***Please Note*** Due to recent changes by CCMC regarding how they assign CE hours for self-study coursework,
many courses will renew at reduced credit for CCMs.
CEU hours will remain the same for all non-CCM certificates.
CCM Renewal Date for this course is: 12/31/2020
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Part 1: Body-Oriented Therapies
- CranioSacral Therapy
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- The Feldenkrais Method
- Yoga Therapy for Neurologic Illness
- Tai Chi
- Part 2: Mind / Body Therapies
- Clinical Hypnosis
- The Placebo Effect
- Describe the benefits/mechanisms of Craniosacral Therapy
- Describe the Feldenkrais Method and all its components
- List the benefits of Yoga Therapy
- Discuss the benefits of Tai Chi on the patient's health and well being
- Describe how Clinical Hypnosis fits into the Holistic Health Model
- Explain the healing principles realted to Meditation and discuss the physiological effects of meditation.
- Describe the concept of Biofeedback, and it's mechanisms for treatment.
- Describe the following methods of psychotherapy:
2. Counseling, Supportive therapy,
3. Nondirective therapy,
4. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Define the "Placebo Effect" and describe the various mechanisms by which the placebo effect assists in treating clinical ailments.