Working with Diverse Patients: Awareness and Respect (MM1004)
Author(s): Adriana Macias
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CLCP, CRRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, GA-SBWC, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Concepts to Remember
- Health and Wellness: The Health Belief Model
- Holistic View of Illness and Stages of Health Behavior Change
- The Stages of Health Behavior
- Illness Behavior
- Dimensions of Diversity to Consider
- Brief Assessment of Patient / Family Perceptions Regarding Illness
- Realizing Personal Biases - Personal Assessment Excercise
- Staff-Patient Relationships: Making a Connection
- Practical Guidelines to Assist Relationships Between Culturally Diverse Groups
- Key Concepts
- Explain the health belief model that can be used when assessing patients.
- Define cultural stereotyping and its relevance in rendering culturally competent care.
- Identify practical applications that can be used in daily interactions with culturally diverse populations.
- Identify elements of personal bias.