Kentucky HIV (KY1001)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, KY BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the Kentucky State requirement for Nurses. We will review HIV and discuss Kentucky state specifics.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Identify the epidemiology of disease, trajectory of the disease, transmission of the disease.
- Discuss the transmission of the disease and the current treatment recommendations.
- Describe the responsibility of healthcare professionals in the state of Kentucky regarding testing and reporting.
- Be aware of the legal, moral and ethical considerations and current attitudes regarding HIV.
- Identify the management of HIV in workplace consistent with federal occupational safety and health standards.
- Verbalize the services available in Kentucky for HIV and AIDs patients in Kentucky.
- Consent and Reporting
- Attitudes and ethical
- Management in the workplace