West Virginia Class on PTSD and Veterans (WV1016)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, Delaware BON, Florida BON, RNs
Credit Hours: 2
This course satisfies the State of West Virginia's nursing requirement for PTSD.
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage.
- Describe the symptoms of PTSD especially related to veterans.
- List the various treatments for PTSD including traditional and non-traditional treatments.
- Compare and contrast the discussion about marijuana and treatment of PTSD.
- Detail the screening process for all patients for PTSD.
- Explain the various programs available to veterans in West Virginia dealing with PTSD.
- Discuss the protections under the ADA law for veterans with PTSD diagnosis.
- Definition and Stats
- Symptoms of PTSD
- Treatment options: Standard Treatments and Alternative Treatment
- Controversy over marijuana and PTSD
- Screening for PTSD
- Programs in West Virginia for veterans
- Protections under ADA law for PTSD