West Virginia Class on PTSD and Veterans (WV1016)
Author(s): Patsy Barnes, RN, BA
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON
Credit Hours: 2
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Describe the symptoms of PTSD especially related to veterans.
- List the various treatments for PTSD including traditional and non-traditional treatments.
- Compare and contrast the discussion about marijuana and treatment of PTSD.
- Detail the screening process for all patients for PTSD.
- Explain the various programs available to veterans in West Virginia dealing with PTSD.
- Discuss the protections under the ADA law for veterans with PTSD diagnosis.
- Definition and Stats
- Symptoms of PTSD
- Treatment options: Standard Treatments and Alternative Treatment
- Controversy over marijuana and PTSD
- Screening for PTSD
- Programs in West Virginia for veterans
- Protections under ADA law for PTSD