Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (SW1002)
Author(s): The National Institute on Drug Abuse
Pre-Approved for: ACM, CA BRN, CCAPP, CE Broker Provider, Delaware BON, GA-SBWC, MCBAP-Specific, NAADAC
Credit Hours: 4
This course is online. All course material is available online and is accessible immediately after purchase from your account homepage. Certificate of Completion is available immediately upon passing the exam.
- Principles of Effective Treatment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is drug addiction treatment?
- Why can't drug addicts quit on their own?
- How effective is drug addiction treatment?
- How long does drug addiction treatment usually last?
- What helps people stay in treatment?
- Is the use of medications like methadone simply replacing one drug addiction with another?
- What role can the criminal justice system play in the treatment of drug addiction?
- How does drug addiction treatment help reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases?
- Where do 12-step or self-help programs fit into drug addiction treatment?
- How can families and friends make a difference in the life of someone needing treatment?
- Is drug addiction treatment worth its cost?
- Drug Addiction Treatment in the United States
- General Categories of Treatment Programs
- Agonist Maintenance Treatment
- Narcotic Antagonist Treatment Using Naltrexone
- Outpatient Drug-Free Treatment
- Long-Term Residential Treatment
- Short-Term Residential Programs
- Medical Detoxification
- Treating Criminal Justice-Involved Drug Abusers and Addicts
- Prison-Based Treatment Programs
- Community-Based Treatment for Criminal Justice Populations
- Scientifically Based Approaches to Drug Addiction Treatment
- Relapse Prevention
- The Matrix Model
- Supportive-Expressive Psychotherapy
- Individualized Drug Counseling
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy for Adolescents
- Multidimensional Family Therapy (MDFT) for Adolescents
- Multisystemic Therapy (MST)
- Combined Behavioral and Nicotine Replacement Therapy for Nicotine Addiction
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) Plus Vouchers
- Voucher-Based Reinforcement Therapy in Methadone Maintenance Treatment
- Day Treatment with Abstinence Contingencies and Vouchers
- Identify and explain the 13 principles of effective treatment.
- Describe the general categories of treatment programs.
- Describe 12 examples of scientifically-based treatment programs.